Sunday, May 26, 2013

Product Review: Lush Grease Lightning.


Lush Grease Lightning Review












I have being using this product for quite a while now and thought I should share this with you as it is the only acne controlling and soothing product that has worked for me so far from the 1 gazillion products I have tried. Now for a recap my skin is not acne prone but changing weather and that time of the month can do "wonders" *sarcasm* for my skin.This product is a spot treatment for acne and its main ingredients are tea tree, witch hazel and aloe vera. The main contents of this product are:

  • Tea tree is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal, and is routinely used as an alternative to benzoyl peroxide. 
  • Witch hazel promotes blood circulation and thus acts as an anti-inflammatory agent. 
  • Aloe vera (which can also be taken orally for acne) helps accelerate healing because it provides skin with the "scaffolding" needed to repair itself quickly.

The product comes in a bottle with a spray like nozzle that dispenses just enough product. The product comes out as a clear gel. Its not sticky and has the fragrance of tea tree oil which people may or may not like, personally for me, I love it. Due to the Tea Tree in the product when you apply it to the face it has a little tingling effect which also I do enjoy. The tingling sensation does not really last for long. 

Morning after, I feel like my acne has considerably become less of a huge deal on my face and my face hasn't dried out or become flaky. I love that it doesn't dry up my skin but works towards drying out my pimple. But let me tell you it works better on moderate acne rather than cystic or extreme acne conditions. Therefore quite honestly I cannot judge how great or how effective this maybe for severe acne as I have not really been in that situation. 

While reading up on the lush site about this product I also realized that apart from the 3 ingredients mentioned above there are some other great ingredients in this product which are so good for your skin such as thyme, lavender, rosemary, sea water and grape juice.

I think this product is love and I am absolutely positive that this is my holy grail treatment for acne and a great alternative to salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide as my skin is super duper sensitive. 

Have you tried the Lush Grease Lightning? What are your thoughts? If not, whats your go-to product for zit zapping?

xx
Shivani

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should and please let me know what you think of it! :)

      Delete
  2. nice review :) looks like a great product for oily skin beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot.. Yes it is really good for oily skin too!! If you do try it, let me know what you think of it xx

      Delete
  3. nice review :) looks like a great product for oily skin beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review Shivani! I have been looking for something that controls Acne...will look into this too... Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Richa, I hope it helped. Please do try it and let me know what you think of it.. xx

      Delete
  5. Nice review shivani!! i havent tried this one yet.. will like to give this a try.. my go to product is clinique spot treatment for my acne rescue :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Vipra, I love clinique spot treatment too but I find that Lush is a lot more natural and works better with my sensitive skin. Let me know what you think of it once you have tried it. <3

      Delete
  6. My skin tends to get used to spot creams quickly and they start to become ineffective. Definitely have to try this, been looking for a new spot treatment. ox

    ReplyDelete